There is a movement of people who are rising up above your influence and we are saying we want more for our lives. I will no longer allow you to rob me of who I truly am or create unnecessary chaos in my life. I know I’m better off not associating with you whatsoever going forward and I’m thankful I finally gained the courage to stand up to you and say NO.
- When I read this letter, I do feel that I am putting a lot of blame on you..and to an extend this is true.
- Thanks to you, I was able to retreat from the pain I was causing myself on a daily basis.
- Dear Drugs and Alcohol…we had some good times together, but it’s time I move on.
- I guess this is a feeling only a free man can experience.
- As is always the case with toxic relationships, I appeared to be fine on the outside, but inside you were slowly eating away at my soul.
- So, think of it as writing down why you want to break up with alcohol or drugs.
I have hope in my heart, and hope is a wonderful thing. When I started to realize that something was very wrong, you protested. You tried to manipulate me, to beg, to maintain your grip on my life. You told me I would be nothing without you, showed me all the ways my life would be less without you.
Do we actually put pen to paper, or physically write a letter?
You had a way about you that made drinking seem like some kind of luxurious necessity. You preyed on my curiosity and then you sunk your teeth in with the hook that “all the cool goodbye letter to alcohol kids” hang out with you so maybe I should too. In the beginning there seemed to be so much promise with you and I. I had already endured so much trauma at such a young age.
- All my nights in foggy vagaries of distraction leading to numbness and always ending in darkness.
- All these years I thought it was us.
- You started like a grease fire in the kitchen and quickly grew out of control.
- Whenever I hit a turn in the road – good or bad – you were there to stifle my emotions.
You kept on being you doing the same damn thing every single time. You hurt people I cared deeply about and led me into situations where I was nearly arrested. Some, where I certainly should have been killed. I started having significant consequences, totaled a car, got into multiple accidents and lost my life because of you.
Good Bye Break-Up Letter to Alcohol
These same words may stop you from relapsing later on. I am now not only saying goodbye, but stay the fuck away from me and my family. https://ecosoberhouse.com/ Stay away from my life and my memories. I am stronger now than I ever was with you and you are a dangerous one to be around.